Anti-Aging in Your 20s – What You Need to Know
Being in your 20s means you are at the ideal time in life, with your awkward teen years behind you and your whole life ahead of you. You’re in your prime physically, and the world is your oyster, but you just read somewhere that you need to watch out for fine lines and wrinkles, and fend off other signs of aging.
What? Could it be the rest of the world is just jealous and trying to throw you a curve ball by making you worry about aging in your 20s, or is there some truth in what’s being said? From wrinkle remedies that work, to what you should avoid, here’s what you need to know about aging, or anti-aging in your 20s.
The best way to prevent wrinkles to make anti-aging a priority in your skin care routine.
- Commit to a daily skincare routine immediately that includes washing your face with a hydrating cleanser.
- Exfoliate skin weekly to rejuvenate your youthful glow..
- Get a good eye serum or cream; you may not see crow’s feet yet, but they are lurking.
- Add antioxidant creams and moisturizers to your skin care regimen to help fight off the effects that stress and environmental influences have on your skin.
- Even if the sun isn’t shining, wear sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or more every day, every time you go outside. UVA and UBA rays are skin’s worst enemies, no matter what your age.
- Don’t smoke; quit if you already do, and don’t start if you do not. You already know all the reasons why it’s bad for you, but did you know it causes premature wrinkling, and hinders the collagen your body makes that helps support bone, muscles, and skin structure?
- Avoid drinking from a straw. The pursing of lips can lead to deeper lip lines.
You’ve heard it a million times, but drink at leas 64 ounces of water a day. It’s not as much as you think: If you can drink two trenta cups or three venti cups from Starbucks, you’ve just consumed 60 ounces ;-)
- Now is the time to think about not over-indulging in food and drink, and to create a healthy lifestyle that includes exercise and a good night’s sleep.
- Seven to eight hours of sleep is usually the targeted amount for optimal skin health, but you need to sleep on your back for best results.
- Sleeping on your side causes compression on your face, and adds fine lines and wrinkles. JuveRest, the sleep wrinkle pillow, offers you lateral face and neck support, and was designed by a board certified plastic surgeon who spent years studying ways to avoid and correct wrinkles.
The thing about your 20s is: You’re in your 20s! You should enjoy life, but, like getting older has probably taught you already, you need to be smart about things. While there is no need to rush out and buy every anti-aging product on the market, take small steps – like the JuveRest Sleep Wrinkle Pillow to preserve the skin you already have so that when you are 40 you may get mistaken as a 20-something. Call JuveRest today at 855-588-3737 to learn more about effective ways to keep your skin looking younger.